- Voluntary work, time and talent
- Multiple experiences, knowledge and good conservation skills
The volunteers must cover the following costs:
- Transportation from city of residence to the Protected Area and back
- All meals and food
The Park contributes:
- The warmth of a work team willing to share their mission of conservation of the natural and cultural heritage represented by the protected areas of the Nation.
- The biodiversity, landscapes and culture of the protected areas in the System of National Natural Parks of Colombia.
- Visitor assistance, guidance and environmental education and interpretation.
- Maintenance of biological collections.
- Recording of climatological data in meteorological stations.
- Monitoring of water resources.
- Maintenance and adaptation of physical infrastructure including interpretative trails.
- Environmental control services.
- Workshops with communities.
- Construction and maintenance of plant nurseries.
- Operational, administrative and service tasks.
- Operation of radio communications.
- Development and maintenance of teaching materials.
- Development of brochures, posters, booklets and audiovisual aids for community work.
- Monitoring of species of fauna and flora.
- Certification of volunteer work experience.
- A life experience that guarantees intellectual, physical and spiritual growth.
- Personal satisfaction to build self-esteem and motivation.
- Contact and communication with diverse actors that help construct better relationships and teamwork skills.
- A learning opportunity for understanding the environmental issues of the country.
- An opportunity to experience different activities related to the Natural Parks such as conferences, workshops, seminars, panel discussions and contests.