El Tuparro could be describe in landscape terms as an extensive green savannah surrounded by large rivers with powerful torrents and golden beaches, small spots of crystalline waters, gallery forests, Moriche Palm swamps and mangrove, besides the large crystalline rock formations in shape of rounded hills. It is calculated the presence of more than 320 bird species; many of them are aquatic.
This park was declared National Monument and Nuclear Area of the Biosphere Reserve El Tuparro in 1982. This category of global scale proposes a model of territorial regulation trough the fulfilling of three complementary functions: conservation, sustainable development and support for research and education.
Around the year 1800, in front of the impressive torrent that the indigenous people of the region called Quintana, astonished by amazement, the wise Alexander Von Humboldt, characterized as the “Eight Wonder of the World” what is known today as the Maypures Torrent, one of the main attractions of the protected area.
The entrance of Visitors only will be allowed if it is accompanied by an authorized touristic operator that meets the law requirements, the visitor who enters the park without a touristic operator will be returned by the Staff of the protected area.
- Due to the security of the visitors and uncomfortable situations that have been presenting with our neighboring country, we recommend not traveling to Venezuela.
- Present a valid vaccination record against yellow fever and measles.
- As a prevention measurement it is recommended to get vaccinate against tetanus and yellow fever 10 days prior your trip.
- You should avoid taking harmful elements that go against biodiversity, such as aerosols, guns, alcoholic beverages and hallucinogen substances.
- The staff of the Park reserves the right of entrance and/or permanence to the people that are not mentioned in the entrance permit, this measurement also works for the cases when the total number of people does not matches the number indicated in the permit.
- Due to evacuation of BIODEGRADABLE trash (bottles, batteries, cans, etc.), it is necessary to carry plastics bags.