Because of its scenic beauty, Otún Quimbaya Fauna and Flora Sanctuary is greatly oriented towards ecotourism. It has become an important ecotourism destination in the coffee growing region and especially in the upper basin of the Otún river; this is a privileged area of conservation due to national conservation sites such as Los Nevados National Natural Park, and regional ones such as Ucumarí Regional Natural Park and the Campoalegre Soil Conservation District, all of which contribute to the consolidation of sub regional conservation processes.
- Pets are not allowed since they can harm or sicken wild animals.
- Please do not collect or manipulate vegetable or animal materials. This is only allowed for scientific research with previous authorization.
- Firearms are prohibited.
- Getting drunk or making noise that disturbs the natural environment is prohibited.
- Please walk only through the designated areas (gardens and ecotourism trails).
- Hunting, fishing or extraction of any vegetable or geological element is prohibited.